Wednesday, January 25, 2006

VTS Aircraft System Software

In August I started teaching an Aircraft Systems class for Kishwaukee Education Consortium. The class is made up of high school seniors, they are a great group of motivated students.

This is the first year for the system class and it is made up of second year aviation students. We are still working on getting more hands on items for the students to help them understand the things that we are teaching. I have started to use the VTS Aircraft Systems Software to help with some of the visuals. The class was discussing how aircraft instruments work and I used the software to show how the principle of Rigidity In Space worked, it is so much easier to show how something that abstract works instead of trying to just explain it and use my poor artistic abilities to show it.

This software has made it much easier to explain how the systems work. VTS has added short video clips, sounds, and great 3D images. I wish that I had something like this when I started learning to fly or was working on my A&P.

1 comment:

Liahni = Heavenly Vine said...

This software looks awesome, and I'm sure you're an awesome instructor! Good luck with everything!